COCK INN, The first picture of The Cock Inn
eventually became The Cock Hotel and the lady is standing on the corner of
Kingswell Road by the wall of Thorntons Park.
KINGSTHORPE HALL, now in Thorntons Park.
KINGSWELL ROAD, this leads from The Cock Hotel down to The Green by the church. In the foreground you can see where Mill Lane starts.
ROBINSONS HOUSE, Lady Robinson's house is in
Harborough Road opposite The Cock Hotel at the point where the road divides and
Kingsthorpe Grove starts.
KINGSTHORPE MILL, 1910
HARBOROUGH ROAD, looking towards the town centre just before the road divides at Welford Road. The tree's on the left are part of Lady Robinson's estate.
A view of The Cock Hotel and the wooded area beyond is Thorntons Park on Harborough Road. The road at the bottom left is the entrance to Kingsthorpe Grove which leads towards Kingsley. The road between Thorntons Park and The Cock Hotel is Kingswell Road leading to Mill Lane. The Cock Hotel still exists.
To read some of Brian
Faulkner's memoirs of Kingsthorpe click here.